December 24, 2012

Mini Movie Review: Eight Crazy Nights (2002)


http://i1242.photobucket.com/albums/gg521/CoolMovieGuy/eightcrazynights_zps2b993945.jpg 

Eight Crazy Nights (2002)
A Mini Movie Review by Dave Randal

Plot:  Davey Stone, an alcoholic with a criminal record, is sentenced to community service under the supervision of an elderly referee. Davey is then faced with trying to reform and abandon his bad habits.

I have kind of a love-hate relationship with Adam Sandler.  Seeing how bad his movies have gotten I think it would be alright to say that I think most people have developed a love-hate relationship with him and his movies.  I'm not quite sure why, but I had never seen Eight Crazy Nights up until last week. I was only fourteen years old so I'm sure I would have enjoyed it, but I never really felt compelled to get up and go rent it.  Maybe I had some weird self-conscience premonition of the really horrible movies that were to come from Adam Sandler in the future.  Looking back now I think this movie was a bad sign of things to come.

This movie is very similar to a lot of other Adam Sandler movies.  It is kind of filthy with a lot of sophomoric humor.  I'm still trying to decide if they should have made this as a live action movie or not.  There is a lot of dumb stuff that they did in it that they wouldn't have been able to do if it was a live action movie.  Also I think with a rewrite it could have been a very decent movie.  The writing in this movie just isn't up to snuff.  There are some good ideas, but it never reaches it's full potential.  I'm almost convinced that they made this movie really short just because it is a cartoon.  Because of that it seems pretty half-assed overall.  I'm giving it a pass because I liked the idea and some elements, but it just seems very lazy for the most part.

Dave Randal's Rating-  A-Okay

Dave Randal's Star Rating- 
★★½(2½) out of ★★★★★(5)

No comments:

Post a Comment