December 7, 2012

Mini Movie Review: Judge Dredd (1995)


http://i1242.photobucket.com/albums/gg521/CoolMovieGuy/JudgeDredd.jpg 

Judge Dredd (1995)
A Mini Movie Review by Dave Randal

It's been quite a few years since I've seen this and it is about how I remember it. Stallone made two futuristic sci-fi movies almost back to back. First there was Demolition Man (1993) and then this movie.


I enjoyed Demolition Man much more than this movie although I don't think this one is horrible. It is a product of it's time.  It was in the mid-90s when a lot of action movies were very colorful and cartoonish.  I like that the writer was at least smart enough to question the idea of having cops also being the judge, but it never really goes anywhere. The acting may not be great and it comes off very cheesy, but overall I don't think it is nearly as bad as people say it is.


Dave Randal's Rating-  A-Okay

Dave Randal's Star Rating-  ★★
(3) out of ★★★★★(5)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment