December 25, 2012

Mini Movie Review: Elf (2003)


http://i1242.photobucket.com/albums/gg521/CoolMovieGuy/elf_zps8092548d.jpg 

Elf (2003)
A Mini Movie Review by Dave Randal

Plot: After inadvertently wreaking havoc on the elf community due to his ungainly size, a man raised as an elf at the North Pole is sent to the U.S. in search of his true identity. 

I don't think that it is a secret that a lot of people just can't stand Will Farrell and his comedy.  I think I fall on the side of people who do enjoy his comedy although I also understand why people just can't laugh at his stuff.  Elf is a pretty funny movie, but I wouldn't say that it is Will Farrell's best work.

 The movie is kind of goofy and it is great for kids, but it also is a bit more mature than your average Christmas kids movie.  I could be wrong, but I'm guessing that this movie came really close to getting a PG-13.  There are a lot of funny parts in the movie and I enjoyed it, but it's not as consistently funny as a lot of Will Farrell's other movies.  Sure it is basically just a fish out of water story, but I think still think that formula can work if done right.

Dave Randal's Rating-  A-Okay

Dave Randal's Star Rating-  ★★(3) out of ★★★★★(5)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment